Beautylabo Hair Dye - Raspberry Pink [Review]

6:13:00 PM

Hi beauties <3, it is time for another review from me :D. Last week I’ve received hampers from Beautylabo to try out their hair dye in Raspberry Pink. Beautylabo is a hair dye from Japan that have plenty of fashion color range and they are very affordable. There are about 6 color that you can find here at Indonesia; Natural Black, Dark Brown, Natural Blonde, Pure Beige, Candy Apricot and lastly the Raspberry Pink (They have pretty much all of the color that I want to try). They also have ash color if i'm not mistaken which not sold here yet. I found that the Candy Apricot and Raspberry Pink looks the most different from the other color. And I’m not really into reddish orange kind of shade, so I choose the last one :p.




I’ve always wanted Pink based Chocolate hair dye for my hair. And this Raspberry Pink color is quite near with what my preference is. I will put down photo below of what color that i wanted for forever :(. I’ve always wanted to dye my hair like this, but I guess my father will kick me out if he sees it, LOL. He is quite strict about this kind of stuff :pp.


So, I see the before after photos at the box and found out that it still looks natural if I’m not bleaching my hair. It doesn’t look pink there, but it turns more into wine chocolate-y? So, I guess if you are new to this stuff and wanted more into natural finish this would be a great option. You can’t mess this, the color isn’t that bold (safe option).

Packaging
The box is very cute and Japanese like. They also put list of kit that you will get in this box, that’s very neat (And I don’t see any conditioner sachet in it, well I guess because it is quite cheap). They also give before after photos of three shade hair that you’ve probably have (especially if you are asian). The only thing that missing is they don’t have blonde color shade hair here for example. Well, maybe because this hair dye market is into more Asian people who got darker hair than other nationality. But the before after photos are quite neat :D, it helps me at least. The price is about Rp. 48.000,- to Rp. 55.000,-. It is cheap, especially if you are new to this and want to try to dye your hair.



They also put on the list of what this kit contains of at the box <3


Ingredients
Cream Colorant
WATER, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, ETHANOLAMINE, AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE, STEARETH-2, BEHENETH-20, HYDROGENATED POLY(C6-12 OLEFIN), 4-AMINO-2-HYDROXYTOLUENE, OLETH-50, p-PHENYLENEDIAMINE, PENTASODIUM PENTETATE, p-AMINOPHENOL, FRAGRANCE, AMODIMETHICONE, STEARIC ACID, 1-NAPHTHOL, ASCORBIC ACID, SODIUM SULFITE, STEARTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CYSTEAMINE HCI, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, PEG-9M, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CI 47005, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, TOCOPHEROL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE

Cream Developer
WATER, HYDROGEN PEROXIDE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, LAURYL BETAINE, CETYL ALCOHOL, LAURETH-2, LAURYL ALCOHOL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, MYRISTIC ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM SULFATE, ETIDRONIC ACID, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LAURETH-21

Claim
Easy to apply by hands, even & long lasting color from roots to ends!
It contains coconut and almond oil to help nourish your hair after hair dye usage.
Easy to use for beginner!
Fashion colors for Asian!

Important Warnings and Detailed Information
Before we started to dye our hair, please do not forget to do a little test beforehand. We don’t want to get any allergy reaction from hair dye. It is said that you need to do the test 48 hours before. It is not for children under 16 years. And please use the gloves that they provide, because if you get any tattoo on your hand and the dye touches it, you will get higher possibility to get the allergy reaction (be careful if you have any tattoo at your neck and face area also). Do not try to dye your hair if you have any redness on your face. And if you have any sensitive, irritated or scar on your head scalp, better dye it later when it is better. You might also refrain from using this hair dye if you have any allergy reaction from using any hair dye and tattoo product.

Do not try to dye your eyebrow and eyelash with this product. Please mind your eye area not touching the product itself and mind that this product contains Phenylenediamines and Hydrogen Peroxide.


The Color and How it Works
When you mixed the Cream Colorant and the Cream Developer, you will get a purple paste which is fascinating because I expect it to be red or pink. Then I used the paste with the help of comb so it will look even. Do not forget to cover the areas near hair with face cream or Vaseline so the hair dye doesn’t transfer and stain. After done, I always wrap them with hair cap so it won't get anywhere and the hair dye will be absorb more effectively. Then I wait for about 35 minutes while I am snacking (because my hair is dark, I tried to get it a bit longer than what they have instructed) :p. I want to use mask actually while waiting, but meh I will wash my hair and take a bath so the mask will be useless then, right?


What is inside the box? (Cream Colorant, Cream Developer, Nozzle, Gloves and Instructions)


Follow the instructions~ <3

After 35 minutes, I rinse my hair first with warm water, then I shampoo it and use my conditioner like how the instruction say. It blows my mind that when I rinsed my hair before using shampoo, it still feels soft and not dry at all. I have tried some hair dye and they turned my hair super dry and I really need to put on conditioner to make them soft again. But not with Beautylabo, huh that’s weird. I also didn’t feel my head scalp hot or itchy like how other hair dye feels. Is it because the formula suits me or is it just me? O_O Please comment down below if you have any problem with this hair dye because I don’t and I am curious (all of the hair dye that I’ve tried makes my head itchy at the least).

It also doesn’t stain my towel after I rinse it three times (rinse with hot water, shampoo, and conditioner). My hair roots really dyed into reddish chocolate color which I don’t really see at the end of my hair areas. Is it because the lighting or what? But, it is great for people who doesn’t like bold hair color. You can’t really see the dye indoor. You can only see if the lighting is bright enough or you are outdoor. But, if you have light hair color before, I guess the hair dye will show more even when you are indoor.

My hair is quite thin and I only need about half of the paste to dye my hair. I don’t know if I can take half of each colorant and developer to use now and the other half mixture for later usage. But, I’m sad :(, there are plenty of products left and I can’t just dump them into my hair.  

The Scent
This part is what I hate from this hair dye. Even though there are plenty hair dyes out there that are worse than this product. The scent is quite disturbing because I am quite sensitive with products scent. It makes me nauseous while I’m waiting for it to finish stains my hair. But, thankfully the scent is gone after I rinse and use shampoo. Please mind that every people is different, what I feel maybe won’t disturb you and other people out there.

Photos


 Before    -      After


How it looks from above (Oh wow so messy..) and indoor
Yes, i've got a haircut if you can't tell <3

You can't really see the color when i'm indoor, and i know there are people who likes to shown the color when they are outside only. If you'd like to see more vibrant color, try to bleach your hair first. But for University students or a bit younger than that, maybe this will be more suitable for you (if you are scared or shy to show off bold hair color). 

Pros :
  • Cheap
  • Easy to find and get
  • The color range is pretty wide
  • Not damaging hair
  • Not turning hair to dry
  • The color looks close to the before after photos at the box

Cons :
  • I'm not a fan of how this product smells
  • Hair treatment not included (not bad though because the hair dye is not damaging)
  • The color is not really showing indoor

Results

4/5
I like the finish of this product because even though I have quite dark hair, it still changes my hair color more than what I expected. The formula also one of my favorites because it doesn’t irritate my scalp and it isn’t itchy like how other dye do. Oh, it also doesn’t damage my already damaged hair to worse. The price is also cheap, especially because it doesn’t make my hair dry, known that they didn’t include conditioner or any treatment inside. 

They are also very easy to get everywhere and very easy to use :D. Looks like the hair dye will be long lasting enough because whenever I wash my hair, the bubble and the water isn’t stained anymore (It’s been 1 week and the color also hasn’t fade even a bit). I do love how they included the Coconut & Almond oil. I wonder if that ingredients that makes this hair dye doesn’t damage and turning my hair dry. New favorite hair dye!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You look so pretty with new haircut!
    btw visit blog ku juga yaaa
    www.niiasantoso.blogspot.co.id :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Nia <3 Thanks udah dateng, nanti aku mampir2 <3

      Delete

Subscribe