Peripera Peri's Ink Velvet VS Peripera Airy Ink Velvet [Comparison]

4:33:00 PM


Hi beauties! It is time to review another lip product! Oh my, I am already wondering how to emptied my lipstick supplies now. I can’t have enough lipstick :(. Anyway, last month I am doing shopping at Althea and find this lip tint that is already been there for quite some time. It is Peripera Peri’s Ink Velvet which people been raving about. And just about then, I found out about this other product called Airy Ink Velvet from the same brand that is newer than the Peri’s Ink. I tried to find some review about these products before getting them, just my routine to do short research beforehand. And I haven’t really seeing any of them being compared by formula and texture wise. Maybe one or two about them but they aren’t really explaining about it enough. And so, I’m gonna compare these products for you guys!




I’ve got Peri’s ink Velvet in number 1 called Sellout Red and Airy Ink Velvet in number 2 called Pretty Orange Pink which are the best seller from their line. First of all, Warning, this will be a long post because the formula of these tints are very different. And so, let’s try them now <3.

Packaging
Peri’s Ink Velvet
The bottle is from plastic and looks cute because it looks like an eye drop bottle which it isn’t. The application wand is smaller than the Airy Ink Velvet and more stiff. The color of the bottle looks same with the product inside (only the product is a bit brighter than the bottle though). It quite hard to blend it with the wand, but I usually use my finger to blend them. Careful though, they are really staining.

Airy Ink Velvet
The bottle is from plastic and it looks frosted which is cute (the bottle is the same like how the Peri’s Ink look). But the only thing is, it hard to see the product inside because the bottle is frosted. The application wand is bigger than the Peri’s ink and bendable, it helps the application so much better (I’m still using my finger to blend though). The products from Airy Ink Velvet also looks more bright and neon when compared into Peri’s Ink.


Winner of the Packaging section is the Airy Ink Velvet! Because it looks more expensive than the Peri’s ink. It looks cleaner and I absolutely love the applicator wand of the Airy Ink Velvet.

Ingredients
Peri’s Ink Velvet - Sellout Red
Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Purified Water, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Methyl Trimethicone, Mica, Silica, Pentylene Glycol, Red 202, Red 201, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butyl Acrylate/ Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone Acrylate Copolymer, Red 218, Red 104 (1), Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexandiol, Fragrance, Propanediol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Methicone, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract

Airy Ink Velvet (I forgot what color that this ingredient list are for, it is not the Pretty Orange Pink)
Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cycloheptasiloxane, Polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, Titanium Dioxide, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Ferric Oxide, Red 28 Lake, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragance, Tocopheryl Acetate, “C.I. 45410:1”, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Cottonseed Oil, Mango Seed Oil

Even though it is not the ingredient list for the Pretty Orange Pink, the base product is almost the same for every color.


Claim
Peri’s Ink Velvet
Lip lacquer which makes your lips a flower-like bloom with smooth and soft velvety-touch. An airy weightless texture, but you can get bold color and moisture.
High color payoff for both fuller-looking & gradient lips
A velvet-smooth texture for soft, flake-free lips
Intense color with lasting power



Airy Ink Velvet
Dive into the long-wearing lip color with Ink lasting. It’s lacquer-like finish without feeling tacky or drying, creamy velvety texture.
Air color payoff delivered in a weightless formula
Press your lips together and create a gradient look
Softer than ever, the birth of softest, smoothest pout



Texture
Peri’s Ink Velvet
The texture of this Peri’s Ink is creamy and more into heavy side. It can blend well on your lips but be careful. Try to scrub your lips first or using any lip sleeping mask before using this tint. Try to avoid using it when your lips condition is chappy. You won’t like how it turn out if your lips are not in its best condition. It will stain your dry lip areas and it looks weird because the areas will stain more and when the tint is wearing off the dry patches still stained. This tint formula is like other cream lip tint but, this one is more heavy.


The upper is the Peri's Ink Tint and the lower is Airy Ink Tint


 How it looks when I smudged them
Airy Ink Velvet
The texture is very light and different with the Peri’s Ink. The tint looks very smooth in the photo and not look gritty like the other one. Even when I tried to blend it on my hand it blends well and not as harsh as the Peri’s Ink. But, the thing is the pigmentation isn’t that great as the Peri’s Ink one. It doesn’t stain as well as the other. I don’t really know if it’s because the color that I choose for the Airy is lighter or not. But, I definitely can see the texture makes this lip tint can be removed more easily than the Peri’s Ink. The texture is very silicon-y just like a pore primer if you have tried one. It blends really well on lips and I really love how it feels when I blend them (it totally smoothens lips). Even if you have flaky lips you can still use this tint without worrying about any dry patches. I never tried any lip tint that formulas are the same with this Airy Ink. The only thing that comes to my brain about this product is, just try to think how it feels like if you use any pore primer to your face (it is totally the same with how this tint do with the lips).

Winner of the Texture section is the Airy Ink Velvet definitely all the way. I really love how the texture feels very soft and also great for dry lips. It almost feels like I’ve just scrubbed the lips before. That’s crazy O_O.  

Pigmentation
Peri’s Ink Velvet
The pigmentation in this tint is incredibly pigmented, especially if you are into full lips look. It looks like "Bam!" into your face bright red combined with hot pink! It doesn’t look patchy at all and cover my lips nicely. Firstly, forgive my application and swatch photos, they are quite messy T__T oh well that’s why you shouldn’t hurry when reviewing lip products :|. Anyway I really loved this color for gradient lips rather than full lips. It completely brightens my complexion. It looks a bit too much on me when I use it as full lips looks though :( (I have quite a big lips and this color enhance it so much more).

Airy Ink Velvet
The pigmentation is good but not as good as the Peri’s Ink. This color is pretty popular in Korea because EXID Hani use this color if I’m not mistaken. If you have pigmented lip color, I suggest you to use any concealer before. The color is pretty light and it won’t show if you haven’t concealed your lips color beforehand unless your lips are pale. I don’t really think that I suit this color alone, because I do not have fair skin tone, I’m more into yellow shade rather than fair. So, I tried to use these two products together as gradient lips. Just put on the Pretty Orange Pink first for full lips than topped it off with the Sellout Red at the center area. They look absolutely pretty for every day gradient lips look. The Airy Ink Velvet texture also helps priming my lips condition before using the Peri’s Ink which is harder to blend if you have rough lips texture.


How it looks when i wash them with water, there are stains left


How it looks when i remove them using makeup remover bunch of times O_O
The Peri's ink won't budge, the stain is still there

Winner of the Pigmentation section is absolutely the Peri’s Ink Velvet. They are very pigmented but quite harsh if you don’t blend them quick and have any dry patches. If this is your first time to try a gradient lip looks or full lips with a lip tint, I don’t recommend this. You need to put on small amount of products and blend them rather quickly because this one is quite a pigmented one :DD. Don’t forget to scrub your lips before using this tint, girls!

Staying Ability
Peri’s Ink Velvet
The pigmentation is great and it stays longer than the Airy Ink Velvet (quite a big difference). The only thing is, it tends to make your lips dry if you are using it as gradient lips. But if you create a full lip look, it will not feel as dry as the gradient lip feels. When I am done eating the tint only left pink stains. The only areas that still stains are the dry patches that I have and that is really not good to be looked at. Try to reapply whenever the tint is gone, because it looks ugly when you have dry patches.

Airy Ink Velvet
The pigmentation is subtler than the Peri’s Ink, that’s why it is also more easy to remove the stain from Airy Ink. It still left pink stains but not much and the stains is also not ugly. The Peri’s Ink stains more at the areas which you have more products and the dry patches (it also leaves line stain). But not with this Airy Ink, it covers all of them and not left any stains at the dry patches. It just stains all of the lip areas without leaving any harsh line.

Winner of the staying ability is the Peri’s Ink Velvet of course. But you will need to reapply even though your lips still stained especially if you have dry patches on your lips. It is hard to remove the stains from the dry patches, so be careful. Both of them left a pink stain which is a bit hard to remove even after eating or removed by makeup remover.   

Scent
Peri’s Ink Velvet
It smells like an artificial fruity bubblegum. The scent is quite strong and I can smell them when I use it full lips. If you are sensitive with heavy scent products, skip this one. It doesn’t smell heavily if you use it for gradient lips though.


Airy Ink Velvet
This one is kind of strange for me because I never have any lip products that smells like floral scented cream or powder. Usually every lip products smell like fruits just like how the Peri’s Ink smells. This one is not as heavy as the Peri’s Ink.  

Winner of the scent section is the Airy Ink Velvet because the scent is softer than the Peri’s Ink. But I’m not telling you that this Airy Ink Velvet also good, okay? I prefer fruity scent that is not too artificial.

Taste
Peri’s Ink Velvet
You should be wondering now why do I put taste section for comparison. You will know soon :DD. The taste is like any other lip tint, but I prefer other brands because they taste more fruity (I don’t know why, the fruit taste in the Peri’s Ink is so artificial, me no likey)

Airy Ink Velvet
Oh boy, this one though. I hate how this tint taste. It feels like eating floral scented cream or lotion. I am the kind of person that always licks my inner part of lips because it gets dry after some time. And this tint taste is really really annoying, because I can taste the floral scent even after some hours. Why don’t you use fruit flavor for your tints. It isn’t bothering me when I apply it on my lips. But when I accidentally taste it, I hate it. That’s why I usually pick other tints rather than this tint.

Winner of the taste section is the Peri’s Ink Velvet. Even though I don’t really like the artificial fruit candy smells like, I will give it to the Peri’s Ink. At least it doesn’t annoy me when I accidentally lick my lips. I don’t want to taste any floral scented cream.

Price range is same about Rp. 82.000,- for 8.0 g/0.28 oz products inside.

Photos

Peri’s Ink Velvet (Gradient Lip - Full Lip)


Airy Ink Velvet (Gradient Lip - Full Lip)


How my lips look before and after using both of these tints


My God! So pigmented :( I don't know how to remove the tint from Peri's Ink
The after photo shows you how do my lips look after i wipe it with makeup remover :| it won't budge

For me personally, I prefer the Peri’s Ink because the colors range that they have suit my skin tone better. They also more pigmented and very good for gradient lips. But, I won’t use them if I have bad lips day. It is a matter of taste, if you’d like subtler and soft looks choose the Airy Ink Velvet. If you are more into bold looks and wanted to have more staying abilities, choose the Peri’s Ink. The other section also important if you are sensitive to the scent and taste of products, so please choose carefully ^^.

Sorry for this long explanation, but I hope it really helps you to choose between them. There are some points that I haven’t really seen from other youtuber and blogger. See you at next post ^^ do not forget to follow me by email or follow my Instagram account @wenny_listiana. I also just created facebook page to post my updates there at La Peche Beauty Room. Be sure to follow these account to get notified when I post new reviews. Comment down below if you have any products that wants to be compared by me. Goodbye girls, see you soon XOXO! <3

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Udah lama penasaran sama si peripera velvet ini soalnya yg ink baguss. Tapi sayangnya ini ga sebagus yang ink ya :( Btw, nice review ❤


    www.evepricilia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahah iya yang Airy lebih tipis karena formulanya soft ><, Yang aku ga suka cuma rasanya aja karena teksturnya silicon-y, jadi kayak makan krim/lotion rasanya kalau engga sengaja kejilat :(. Cuma kalau dari segi pigmentasinya sih memang tergantung selera aja, ada yang mungkin lebih seneng soft biar gampang diremovenya juga. Thanks udah dateng kesini ya <3.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your review! ♥️ Helped tons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Detailed information 👍👍👍 thx

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe