Gemini Jefree Star Liquid Lipstick [Review]

5:43:00 PM

Hi girls, it is not my blog if I haven’t got any new lip product to review for you guys! And it is really exciting for me because I have wanted to try the liquid lipstick from Jefree Star for a long time. And here it is, Gemini which looks like terra-cotta pink and it is so pretty <3. Too bad, I can only got one for now :(. I want to get Androgyny too for my collection which is what people rave so much about. That limited edition packaging tho for the Androgyny, I’m sold. You can’t go wrong with his white design cap and rose gold, so pretty <3. Anyway, let’s just review this one :DD



Before we are getting into the review, I’ve known there are some issues about Jefree Star, but I won’t talk about it and it won’t affect my honest review about this product. Okay, here goes my review.

Packaging
At first, I don’t really like his bottle design. I think it is when his summer collection comes out, yeah that yellow one. It looks cheap and I don’t really see how it compares with other brand with the same price range. So, yep, not into his packaging so much before and the shades are so bright and neon which doesn’t suit me for every day looks. Until his limited edition, the white one comes out. And there are so much shades after that collection which are really great for daily looks and for every event. I still like his limited edition color though rather than his pink one, please bring them out again for next limited edition <3 LOL.  


Anyhow, the box and the bottle is very Jefree like. There is so much star printed on it hence his name Jefree Star, duh. And they also use sticker for the name of each lipstick, which is helpful for people who likes to put the lipstick back inside its box after use. The most exciting part is how the cap clicks when it is closed. It really feels satisfying to hear that click sound and I do feel more safe. So, good job Jefree! I love your packaging ^^.

I’ve bought this lipstick for Rp. 320.000,- from online shop and it is about 18 US$ in his website. It contains with 0.19 FL/ 5.6 ML products in it.

Jefree’s Claim
Gemini's are extremely independent. They will not be pinned down by anyone or any rules. They need to experience the world on their own. Inspired by Jeffree's best friend who is a Gemini, this terra-cotta warm-toned nude is the perfect finish to any makeup look!

This product is Long Lasting, Extreme Beauty, Matte Finish, Cruelty-Free, Vegan.

Ingredients
Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

May Contain (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850:1), Red 30 Lake (Cl 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Red 28 Lake (Cl 45410)

Also: Paraben & Gluten-Free / 0.19 oz.

Applicator, Texture and Swatch
The applicator is pretty different with other brand because it looks like doe-foot. It looks hard to apply with this applicator since it is more thick, which is not true at all. It is easy to apply and it takes enough product to use. The length also not too short nor too long, it’s not bothering the application ^^. So, pretty good Jefree!


"Sorry for not taking photo of the applicator wand (Got this from Google)."

Okay, when I first apply it to my lips, it feels light yet the pigmentation tho. It blows my mind to see that I only need to dip once for my full lips. Usually for my Kat Von D lipstick I need to dip twice or thrice. That’s cool <3. And there is a con when I finish applying this lipstick. This Gemini shades took more time to dry than the Kat Von D ones, I still don’t know if other shades does this too. But, my friends say that the Androgyny also takes time to dry. I’m not really bothered with it, but since the Kat’s is quick to dry and her lipstick is my go to lippies every day, you surely understand how I feel about it :p.


"From up to bottom; Gemini (when it's still wet), Gemini (dry), Lolita II, Lolita"




"The gemini shade looks similar with Lolita, but Gemini is lighter"

The texture is light weight and doesn’t really drying out my lips like how the Kat Von D does. Okay, for notes, compare to some brands, Kat Von D is one of my favorites lipstick formula because it is not as drying as other brands. So, Jefree’s formula is slightly better (a teeny tiny bit), but it doesn’t mean that Kat Von D is bad (both are great). If you have crack lips, I suggest to pick these two brands rather than taking the Colourpop and Kylie ^^. But, it works different in how long lasting they are. So, it really is about how your lips condition and what is your preference. And do not forget to shake them first and scrubbing your lips beforehand, lip mask also helps a lot.

Lasting Power
The lasting power of Jefree and Kat Von D looks the same to me. They are not oil-proof and when you are eating something heavy, all of the lipstick at the inside area of your lips will be gone. You will need to re-apply after you are eating. Even though you can reapply without removing the remaining at the outside, I suggest to clean all of the remaining oil at your lips first. It will ruin the formula and so, it will affect how the finish looks. Not to mention if the oil will stick into the applicator and being dipped into the lipstick tube. Yeahh, you wouldn’t want that to happen.

But do not worry, this lipstick is water proof and you can drink or eating light without re-applying just fine.

How it looks


Scent
This is the most exciting part of this review. This lipstick has Root Beer scent, so much Yasss! Here is the list that have Root Beer scent infused in them; Celebrity Skin, Unicorn Blood, Breakfast At Tiffany’s, Abused, Gemini, Rose Matter, Mannequin & Blue Velvet. Have I mention that the abused shade looks cool? And that blue velvet? Oh gosh. Cannot wear it here though, my parents will kick me so badly :DD.

Anyway, I really love this scent! When it arrived in my mailbox, I already sniff it about 8 times already that day. So good!! I cannot wait to see what interesting scent that Jefree will use at his next collection. Oh my, the anticipation LOL.

Pros:

  • Full coverage in one dip
  • Very pigmented
  • It won’t make your lips dry like prunes
  • The color is pretty and very wearable for every day looks
  • Water proof
  • Light weight
  • Vegan and no animal cruelty
  • The scent of root beer is great!
  • The cap has a click sound
  • Applicator take good amount of products 

Cons:

  • Takes more time to dry
  • Not oil proof
Results
4/5
No hates about this liquid lipstick until now. Even though the color may look a little bit similar to my Kat Von D Lolita II which is more orange-y than this Gemini. Maybe I need to try the Androgyny one. This gemini looks great though! If you’d like subtle color for everyday looks this will be great! But go for Androgyny if you are searching for more daring look, they are gorgeous <3.
The only bad thing is Jefree not throwing their products into beauty store like Sephora, so it is a little bit difficult to get their products than Kat Von D brand. I really do anticipate for him to create foundation and concealer line, knowing how he loves his full coverage products.

So, see you guys at next blog post! Please put your comments below on what do you think about this liquid lipstick. Also, do not forget to follow my blog post to get more updates from me! Thanks guys, love you, XOXO! <3 <3

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. dari liat fotonya dan warnanya aja udah bikin jatuh cinta, cakep banget ihh

    www.jennitanuwijaya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iyaa sis cakep banget iniih <3 wangi root beer lagi

      Delete
  2. ini salah satu shade inceran aku, warnanya cakep bangeettt

    lumierelight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe