COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream [Review]

8:23:00 PM


Hi beauties <3, how are you doing? And if you are new in this blog, hello and welcome :D! I hope you will enjoy all of my post and I also hope that it will be useful for you. Okay, back to the topic. Do you remember that I have mention once that I tried couple products from COSRX? Yep, one of them is sun screen called Aloe Soothing Sun Cream. And just for info, please don’t be shock after hearing what I’d like to say after this, this is my first time using sun screen for my face. I know I know, you all will judge me, “Why don’t you use any sun screen?! Are you crazy?!” (that’s my Korean friend response by the way :p, she is very very judging. Kidding <3 I love you!!). Okay, that is a little bit too dramatic LOL :p.



Anyway, yeah I am sorry that this is a fact. I never liked sun screen texture and I feel heavy whenever I topped them with any makeup. And, I do regret it now because my face looks tanned because of that and my acne scar cannot be more bad than how it is already.

And so, I tried to look up for a bunch of brand. Innisfree, Etude House and Missha, they have bunch of many different types of sun screen and I honestly cannot choose what I do need for my skin. And then, I found out that the Innisfree store that is near my house have a watery type of sun screen. Well well well, look what we’ve got here. It is perfect for me because I don’t like any heavy sun screen. And so, because I am a cheapo I got home and try to get them from online stores like Althea or Hermo. Sadly, they don’t have this type of sun screen in their list. Dang, now I don’t know what other sun screen to pick (the sun screens already gone when I tried to get them from the store). So, I browse store websites and found this COSRX sun screen which have so many good reviews about them. They are known for their affordable price but the quality is good. Okay, I do have dry skin and this is made using Aloe? Okay, I’m sold. Let’s try this product for now and here it is. Sorry for the long story anyway, let’s just review it shall we? :DD

Packaging
COSRX always have standard packaging which I’m not really mad about. It contains 50 ml of products and the price is about Rp. 160.000,-. I bought it from Hermo before, but sadly Hermo already closed down from 19th June this year T__T. There are plenty of Instagram stores that also sell it though, so rest assure. Still, I’m sad that Hermo closed down. They have plenty of products that is not sold in other stores, they also quick when shipping items :(. Because I have no other comments about the packaging, let’s move on into their claim about this product.




Claim
Formulated with 5,500ppm of Aloe Leaf Extract, this sun cream protects skin against UVA & UVB rays while hydrating skin.
This Aloe Soothing Sun Cream not only improves the skin’s moisture barrier, but also protect skin against UVA and UVB rays. This sun cream has light-weight texture, which absorbs quickly and leaves skin feeling intensely hydrated. It’s suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.

Ingredients
Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Isoamyl P-Methoxycinnamate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Alcohol,Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, C14-22 Alcohols, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg-100 Stearate, Silica, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Edta

How it works
I like the texture of this sun cream. It’s not that thick and heavy. It feels like moisturizer cream and it helps my face to get some more moisture before I applied any makeup. It is also not sticky and not making my face oily at the end of the day. I have been using it for 2 months and I haven’t got any hate relations with it yet. I never skip to apply it under my makeup every time I am going out. My face looks more brighten because of course it helps to protect the skin from the sun. But, I do not find any differences with my acne scar. Oh well, it can’t be helped. I have the scar for almost 4 months and I do not do anything to prevent it doing hyper pigmentation. So, please do recommend me any acne scar treatment if you do have one T__T. I really need it because my scar hasn’t gone even a bit. I better do some peeling too, hoping that the dead skin will be gone and my scar will be healed :(.   




I used about a bean size of the product for my whole face. Sometimes I add more to cover up my neck. They said to reapply this sun cream every two hours for perfect sun protection during outdoor activity but, I’m not doing it because I find it troublesome. I will need to reapply all of my makeup if I want to reapply my sun screen :|. I rarely reapplying my makeup even, I find it un-hygienic because your face already touching dust or having oil in it. I’m not letting it touch my puff, what if the dirt touches the puff and creating any bacteria there. Yeah, no thanks :|. I will only reapply my makeup if I wipe them off with any makeup remover wet wipes which is not really hygienic because there will be any makeup excess left.

The Scent
I love how it smells! It still has the sun screen smell in them, but it is subtle and I can smell aloe vera too for a bit. It is really good <3.

Pros :
  • Affordable
  • Does it job
  • Easy to apply
  • Light and not sticky
  • Travel friendly
  • Good for dry skin

Cons :
  • Not that easy to get since Hermo is closed and Althea doesn’t sell them
  • Not that much product inside (tried to look it under the lamp, I only see about half of the tube of product there)

Results
3.5/5
I can’t really give them full score since this is my first time using sun screen. I will need to compare this with another brand to fully score this sun screen. But anyway, I love how they feels at the skin and I never skipped using it every time I go out. Good for dry skin because they are moisturizing and they have aloe vera inside.

So here is the end of the review, do not forget to follow my blog to get more updates. Next blog will be a fun one <3, it will be another review of lip products! Yayy, so do not forget to follow my blog by email or follow me at instagram @wenny_listiana to see what products that i will be reviewing next. See you guys at next post, XOXO! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. is it good for oily skin?

    daniardwipratiwi.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniar ^^, it can be used for oily skin as well. The formula of this sun cream absorbs quickly into skin. So do not worry, it is not heavy at all and very light weight. Let it sit about 1-2 minutes before applying any foundation. After 1-2 minutes you will feel like you haven't put any cream product to your skin.

      I recommended it ^^, even though i have dry skin i hate the feeling of heavy base under my foundi as well. Hope it helps :DD

      Delete

Subscribe