COSRX Galactomyces Alcohol-Free Toner [Review]

7:22:00 PM


Hi beauties <3, today I’d like to review this toner from a brand that is hyped now. Yes, it is from COSRX and I have heard a bunch of good reviews about them and it makes me curious to find out how good their products are. They are quite affordable and I wondered if my sensitive skin can handle them. Usually affordable products make me scared honestly especially for their skincare products. I’m worried if they put alcohol or some irritating ingredients into it. I’ve tried numeral products from road shop that is quite affordable but it irritates my face. And no, not all of the people using it have irritation because of the product. In fact, there are people who loves Wonder Pore Toner from Etude House for an example (I guess it depends on how is their skin condition is). For my case, I don’t understand why my skin can’t handle it and I can smell some alcohol substance in it. I do research for it and yes the Wonder Pore toner contains alcohol, so maybe that’s why my sensitive skin can’t handle that toner. But, some people love it, so it depends on you to choose which product suits you the best.


And here I find toner from COSRX that is affordable and maybe safe for sensitive skin like me because it contains no alcohol. It is Galactomyces Alcohol-Free Toner. I wonder if this toner can change my toner products from Innisfree which I haven’t change for ages (I already used up about 4 bottle of the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Toner, it's like my holy grail). So yeah, let’s review this toner <3!!

Packaging
The bottle is from plastic and it is not a problem because it is affordable. And I really like the sprayer on it, because I can handle how much products that I want to use. Usually I pour too much to the cotton pad and it is not that I hate it (because sometimes you really don’t need to cut off the toner amount). But sometimes, it becomes a problem when I want to use it on skin without cotton pad (when you are so lazy and do not have time to grab that cotton pad). And this spray system really helps that problem, I only need to spray them couple times and just tap it like how we use mist.
It contains about 150 ml product in it and the price is about Rp. 165.000,- at Hermo which I recommend to try to get yours at Althea, because the price is more affordable there, about Rp. 140.000,- if I’m not wrong :p. But keep in mind, Althea takes more time for shipping than Hermo.    



"I can't read korean but here, if anyone wants to see any details from the box"

But, somehow it bothers me when I want to soak my cotton pad because I have to spray it so many times. Yep, so many demands from this girl hahah :p. I hope there is a new packaging that can solve both of this demands though.

Claim
Galactomyces ferment is an advanced antioxidant that helps to softening, smoothing, and enhancing lustre. 


“Tired skins awakens with fermentation, without any alcohol”

Galactomyces Alcohol-Free Toner is made up to fermented component with a structure similar to skin, helping with calming, exfoliating, and nourishing the skin. It is formulated with the best yeast for the skin, which is Galactomyces filtered & fermented ingredient, endowing the dark, dull skin with glow and transparent.

Ingredients
Mineral Water, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine, Panthenol, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cassia Obtusifolia Seed Extract, Ethyl Hexanediol


Oh wow, I haven’t seen any products that have short ingredients list like this toner, like have you? I wondered how this short list can help my skin and live up to the claim they made? O_O Huh..

How it feels
I don’t really see the claim that this product offered to be honest. I don’t really see how it enhancing lustre at all O_O. It is pretty much like the other light weight toner. If you’re the type that is like me who loves to use toner to swipe makeup excess after cleansing, this doesn’t feel like it helps so much like how my Innisfree toner does. But it is not irritating my face and it does helps refresh and prepare my face before using other skincare on top of it. So, it is quite good for the price but I haven’t see how it works like how they claimed it to be. 



"I guess you can't see it clearly because how fine the spray is and the lighting"

Anyway, if you’d like simple toner which is on the affordable side, try this one because it is good and doesn’t irritate even sensitive skin. But if you like toner which have moisturizing effects or any other helping ingredients, I suggest you to save up some more money to get from the other brands. There are so many good products which is a bit more expensive but really good, like the Innisfree one, Mamonde Rose Water toner and Son & Park Beauty Water ^^.  

For me personally, I think it is meh :|. I still always reaching for my Innisfree toner because I can feel there is some excess of makeup or oil or any substance that bother my face. And the Innisfree one make my face really soft that I don’t see from this product.

Fragrance
When I sprayed it on my skin, it first smell like any skincare from dermatologist that doesn’t have any fragrances, but it will go away quickly like 4 seconds. It also doesn’t bother me at all when I apply it to my face. You can’t smell it if you’re not going near it to really find out what the smell is. So that’s good.

Pros

  • Affordable
  • Light weight
  • Safe for Sensitive Skin
  • Doesn’t have any fault at fragrant side

Cons

  • Cannot really see how it enhance lustre
  • Like any other toner (Not really special)
  • Not cleansing excess makeup very well
  • Not softening my face texture like my toner before
Results
3/5
I give this toner 3/5 not because it isn’t good. It is because there is nothing special about it. I suggest you to buy the other option that I mentioned above for more effects and benefits. But if you’re on a budget or wanted to try this product, go ahead :D. It's just that i'm kinda dissapointed because this toner is tend to sold out quick and i hope much for this to be great :(, oh well.

Anyhow, I have tried another 3 products from COSRX and I will post the review about the other products soon enough. Even though this toner is a bit disappointing because I don’t see anything special about it, I love some of the other products that I’ve tried.

So, If you are curious about what other products from COSRX that I’ve been using, do not forget to always check my updates. Do not forget to subscribe by e-mail or follow my Instagram feeds :D, see you at next post! XOXO!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Aku juga pakai ini
    Dan sudah hampir habis hehe
    Emang gak ada efek yang kelihatan di kulit, tapi dia super ramah di kulit aku yg dehirasi (biasanya suka perih klu pakai skincare yg rada ngefek), bisa menghidrasi juga di kulit (7 skin method), dan sedikit calm-in kulit :)

    http://sf-journaldebeaute.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iya sis <3, di kulit aku yang sensitif parah juga aman banget engga bikin iritasi. Kalau yang Wonder pore toner Etude itu emang bikin aku langsung iritasi, merah2 karena kandungan alkoholnya padahal cocok di banyak orang juga. Thanks sis udah berbagi experiencenya disini <3, semoga tonernya memang cocok di sis :D.

      Kalau di aku masih lebih cocok pakai Innisfree yang Jeju volcanic pore toner, itu berasa lembut banget di kulit sama bikin refresh kulit juga. Kalau ada masalah sebum atau berminyak dan lain-lain pengaruh juga <3. Cuma di kulit kering juga dia ga bikin kering. Enak deh aku udah habis 4 botol dan masih belum move on :( wkwk, makanya pingin coba2 toner lain siapa tau ada yang bisa bikin move on.

      Delete

Subscribe