Laneige Water Bank Essence_EX [Review]

3:45:00 PM

Hi beauties! Today I’m gonna reviewing this product that are already well known. It is the Laneige Water Bank Essence_EX. I have tried it for about 4 months and I’ve already used up about half of the bottle. And I guess I am ready to give you my thoughts about this product, so let’s review it! Oh yeah, make sure to follow my blog by mail if you haven't. I will post about my 2017 skincare routine after this review. Be sure to get notified to check it out! <3



Packaging
The bottle is quite heavy because it is made from glass. I like how the bottle feels, it feels expensive :p. The pump mechanism also easy to use and works just fine. It contains about 60 ml products and the price is about Rp. 323.000,- at Althea. I think the price is a bit expensive for the quantity of the products that maybe last for 6-7 months maybe for me? I didn’t even use it every day :(. I guess it will be less than 6 months to emptied this essence if I use this day and night every day. 



Claim
Loved by women across Asia, Laneige's signature moisturizing essence awakens natural moisturizing agents in the skin for 24-hour moisturized skin and smoother skin texture. Moisturizing essence that can keep skin hydrated up to 24 hours while improving skin's texture.

It seems that this product also helps to reduce skin sebum which they also provide these photos below which I don’t really feel happening, maybe I need to check them using the skin scanner thing-y (that scanner that they always have whenever there are any beauty exhibition)?



So, the upper photo is the skin before using this essence and the below one is the after using photo.

They also put up a chart about how the moisture change after some hour. That’s neat :D even though I can’t say that it’s true because I can’t test it. It definitely needs lab check if you are curious to know.   



Why does our skin always dry?
Laneige claim that Asian women have skin that can easily lose moisture and become dry because their skin barriers are generally weaker than other ethnicities. They found out the solution by looking into the minerals within the skin. Hydro-ion mineral water has small, quickly ionized minerals to controls moisture within the skin. With its three-layer moisturizing effect, Ion mineral will keep your skin moisturized from deep within.

So What is Hydro-ion Mineral Water?
Natural Ion Mineral is extracted from the super food quinoa, a grain with a seven thousand year cultivation history. This mineral complex penetrates deep within the skin and restores the atrophied lubricating genes of dry skin sufferers to moisture the skin and strengthen the skin barrier to protect against the loss of moisture.

Ingredients
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Dimethicone, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Tribehenin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Tillandsia Usneoides Extract, Ceratonia Siliqua (Carob) Fruit Extract, Dimethiconol, Betaine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Carrageenan, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Glycol, PCA Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

Their Secret Ingredients
Which why does they call it secret if they tell us the ingredients, just call it the Recipe then :|


Hydro Ion Mineral Water
Infused with 6 ionized moisturizing minerals that play a role in regulating skin moisture, it swiftly penetrates the skin to activate natural moisturizing genes in the skin.

Quinoa extracts
Quinoa has been a food source for mankind for the past seven thousand years. It is also known to protect the skin from dryness and damage.

Natural olive oil
Micro-sized botanical oil particles absorb quickly into the skin to reinforce the lipid barrier in the epidermis to help retain moisture and smoothen the skin texture.

Tillandsia extract
Rich in betaine, a natural moisturizing factor (NMF) that plays an important role in hyaluronic acid synthesis in the dermis.

Texture & Does it Work
The texture does resemble how emulsion texture looks like. It is not creamy nor runny, it felt light-weight and this is the moisturizer texture that I love before using my makeup. I’ve never liked to use any cream under my makeup, it will make my makeup heavy and oily easily. Especially because I live in Indonesia that is really humid and hot. It is strange that my face will not get oily if I’m not using any products on it. Actually, my skin type is dry like very dry that I can’t use any concealer under my cushion even the liquid one. I always have problem with having flaky skin and sensitive skin. So, this essence does a very good job because it makes my face moisturized and very supple. Usually I used about three pumps of this products before using any sunblock. 



Every time I apply it to my face, I can’t get enough touching my cheeks (are there people like me who can’t get enough touching their cheeks because it is so supple and soft? No? It’s only me? Okay :(). It also feels very cold especially if you put it on cold temperature room. I like to use them whenever I get redness on my face too, they work wonder for that job. My face looks a lot better than before (it reduce the redness). They also help with my skin condition, because my face never got so dry again anymore that they are peeling and really sting (my dry skin really is in worse condition before using this essence). I really enjoy using this product and I recommend it to you guys that need some moisture booster because this product works great for me. Thank God my boyfriend getting me one bottle for backup if this runs out. I guess the essence does run out quickly unlike my expectation.

For a note, I don’t think that this moisturizer will moisturized your face until 24 hours. But, I do think it is still one of the best moisturizer out there that you’ll need to try. At least it kept my face moisturized for half a day. You only need to apply them about two times a day, just be careful, it will run out very soon LOL.
 
Pros
  • Very moisturizing
  • Makes my skin feels supple
  • Prepare my skin before doing any makeup
  • They are not that big in size (travel friendly)
  • Helps healing my dry skin condition

Cons
  • A bit expensive because I almost finished half of the bottle for 4 months
  • Not really feel moisturized after hours like how they claim (but still one of the best moisturizer)

Results

5/5
I’ve never tried any moisturizer that is light-weight but makes my face supple like this <3. Definitely repurchase if I run out already. Please do recommend me some moisturizer products to try. I can’t have enough moisturizer in life, so please do recommend me if you got a good one!

See you at next post, girls! XOXO!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sampai detik ini aku masih penasaran sama essence satu ini dan masih mundir cantik mau cobain tapi kayaknya wajib buat dicobain ya.

    www.rima-angel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Rima ^^, aku sebelumnya juga ragu-ragu untuk beli ini karena menurut aku semua essence itu sama. Tapi essence dari Laneige ini teksturnya lebih seperti emulsion dan lumayan melembabkan kulit tanpa kerasa heavy. Dulu kulit aku kering parah sampai ngelotok dan perih. Cuma, setelah pakai ini sih kulit aku keringnya standar engga sampai perih seperti dulu-dulu. Kemungkinan besar itu efek setelah pakai essence ini ^^. Kulit aku juga kerasa banget lebih supple setiap habis pakai produk ini. Worth untuk dicoba, siapa tahu cocok juga di Rima.

      Semoga membantu ya Rima <3

      Delete

Subscribe