Benefit Roller Lash Mascara [Review]

4:34:00 PM

Hi guys ^^, sorry for not posting since months ago. You see, 2018 is really a different year for me because I add plenty of new makeup routines that I’ve never done before or I usually don’t do again for years. From my post before I told you guys that I tried to do highlight and now I tried to do mascara again.


I haven’t found any mascara that quite works for me and all of the mascara that I bought seems like it doesn’t do anything to my lashes. And you know that mascara can be really hard especially to people who have short and sparse lashes like me. As a result, I always got stain under my eyelash area easily and you know how hard it is to clean them without ruining your makeup.

I do some research first before buying and I found these two benefit’s mascara that is raved by so many beauty gurus. The first one is Benefit They’re Real and the other one is Roller Lash. From what I see, the They’re Real mascara looks clumpy and messy or people can say it’s spidery which I don’t really prefer. On the other hand, the Roller Lash looks natural and less clumpy even though they apply it like two times. So, I bought this mascara from Sephora and hoping to see what they can do to my Asian eyelash.


They sell this mascara for about Rp 370.000,- or 24 US$ that includes 8.5 g/ 0.3 OZ of products inside. Please mind that you shouldn’t use mascara too often since the cleaning part will be quite harmful for your lashes.

Packaging
Well, you know Benefit. They are one from many brand that create the cutest and adorable packaging that you will ever see. I never hate their design and packaging, my collector’s heart wants to collect all if my wallet can buy all of them :(. And by the way, the Roller Lash look cuter than the They’re Real mascara LOL. It is also one of the reason why I pick this mascara. I know you guys also pick makeup and skincare by the packaging also :p.



Claim
It’s a roller for lashes! The eye-opening Hook ‘n’ Roll brush grabs, separates, lifts and curls…while the instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours. Contains provitamin B5 and serin, ingredients known for their lash-conditioning benefits. Available in two stunning shades, original ink black or brown.


Satin Finish
Water-resistant & easy to remove

87% said it gives long-lasting curl


Ingredients
Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Algin, Serine, BHT. [+/-: CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)]. N° 08408/A


Swatch and Textures
I really really love this mascara! It is not clumpy for maximum two times application, not spidery and volumes my lashes just like how I want it to be. All of my mascara before just doesn’t do anything to my lashes, they don’t look longer and I didn’t see any volume (exclude Maybelline, they have bunch of good ones but I don’t like how spidery they look to me). This mascara though, I can see why people raving so much about it. 




[Before - I got no lashes :')]




[After - Soo much better :DD]

From the name and claim, you should have already known they are marketed as a curler mascara. It means that they will also curl your lashes without using any lash curler. Sadly, it doesn’t hold curl so much because of my straight lashes. It is because I have monolids which you know, all my lashes are turning straight down to earth. It still holds curl for about 30 minutes I think if I am lucky. Sad isn’t it? Should I buy a heat lashes curler for it to do the magic?

Still, if you got problems like me you can curl your lashes before applying any mascara. I’m lazy though, just because it takes so much time to curl them up! Even though it doesn’t hold curl, it is my lashes problem, not the mascara that is problematic. If you have double eyelids or easy to curl lashes, I bet you can use this easily and the curl will last long because this mascara is waterproof.

The only thing that is unfortunate for me is, I cannot use this for the under eyelash part. The applicator is too big since my eyelash is quite short, it will only stain my skin around them. That’s why I bought another skinny mascara from Innisfree that I only use frequently to do its job.

This roller lash is waterproof and doesn’t smudge at all. Very recommended for you guys who bothered with smudging mascara.

Photo


[It doesn't look weird and still natural :D]

Pros:
  • Look very voluminous and natural
  • Make eyelash look fuller but not clumpy
  • Water Proof
  • Can curl eyelash especially a bit if you have an easy-to-bend eyelash

Cons:
  • Quite high on the price
  • Hard to use for under eye area since mine are short
  • Cannot hold the curl for my short and straight lashes (but it’s not a big deal)

Final Thoughts
4.5/5 
Favorite mascara since it does look voluminous, long and very natural. You can even build it up to make it more voluminous, but you need to be careful since it will clump up after applying more than twice. Still, I love how it looks and it is also waterproof :D, highly recommend if you cannot find any good mascara that doesn’t look spidery.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe