The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter [Review]

1:16:00 PM


Hi guys :D, I’m really productive these months aren’t I? Another new post for you ^^. And now, I want to review new thing that I’ve never done or buy before. I bought this The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter which is a must, that every beauty vlogger and blogger should probably already have in their hands. So, what is the difference between this highlighter and the other that I choose to buy this one?



Because I’m not really used to this kind of thing, I really need some time to know which product I must buy to use and learn. I’m divided between Essence, Wet n Wild and this The Balm highlighter. Since people always raving about these products, I read so many reviews and watch youtube videos about them. I feel Essence is a bit too dark for my liking and I skip that (they are also very natural which is good for beginners). Wet n Wild, I do see them swatch really good but maybe too much for me because I’m still learning to highlight and their glitter type is too big and it won’t be good for me who doesn’t have smooth skin. This is a tip that I learn from beauty youtuber, do not bother to buy big glitter highlighter like Wet n Wild if you have some texture on your skin because it will show them more than how it is before (acnes or milias).

Then I come to a conclusion that I will buy The Balm since it is not too bling, have finish like glow from within (like how beauty blogger/youtuber describe it), and so many things that I will describe down below. Anyway, they sell this for about Rp 250.000,- or 18 US$ that contains of 8.5 g/ 0.3 OZ products inside.

I’m still wondering if The Balm really is a drugstore brand. They are not that cheap compared with Maybelline, Wet n Wild and the other brands. But, their products are nice and I’m happy to buy this highlighter :D. I don’t really think this is a drugstore prices though. Now, if you are curious of what do I love about them, do not go anywhere and keep reading this review.

Packaging
Like all of their products, The Balm’s packaging always cute and have this kind of pin up model style on almost any of their product’s packaging. They are cute and have a very unique design compared to their competitors. It is good to have unique design because we can definitely say from which company that this product is made without saying the brand. And this highlighter is a must for your collection because isn’t it cute? :D


Claim
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow.

Ingredients
MICA, ISOEICOSANE, POLYETHYLENE, BORON NITRIDE, POLYISOBUTENE, PTFE, SILICA, SYNTHETIC WAX, DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDE (CI 77491)

Swatch and Textures
It is very soft and not that dry powdery kind that you found at a cheaper option. It is also a shimmery highlighter and not a glitter highlighter, which means the finish is not too bling and look very natural like a glow from within. The shimmers also help for people who like me which have textured skin, so it doesn’t accentuate any of your acne and milias.



And also I find this highlighter does have golden sheen to it which makes it really suitable and attractive for people who have warm undertones like me. But anyone with cool undertones can also use it just fine. As it does give them this kind of healthy glow and it will just suit everyone, I promise.


Sometimes glittery highlighter can look somewhat harsh on skin and not really suited for daily look. But this one, I can use it every day without looking heavy at all. And of course you can build it up if you want to look super blinding :D. Don’t forget to always tilt your head slowly to hit them with lights, so people are blinded by the highlighter you just put on LOL.

Also, always highlight your nose and upper lips to create a more define and blinding look. This is a good tip if you want your nose to be more high without doing any surgeries. I will explain where to highlight at the photo caption below. Can you see why I love this highlighter so much?? See how blinding it is but still looks natural <3!!

Photos

  (Highlight the area of the cheek just right above the apple cheek)

(Highlight your end tip of your nose and the 1/3 upper bridge of the nose)

Pros :
  • Not too expensive (at least cheaper than Becca? ahahah)
  • Have a finish like glow from within
  • It is a shimmery highlighter not glittery (look very natural but glowing)
  • The color is very pretty <3
  • You can have a natural highlight using a fan brush
  • You can also build it up using bigger highlighter brush
  • It is not powdery nor dry and very very soft
  • Suitable for all skin color especially warm undertones

Cons :
  • Maybe for some people it is a bit pricey, but it’s worth it :(

Final Thoughts
This product is very suitable for me who are trying to learn using highlighter. And I really recommend it to you guys who also start highlighting to use this. Honestly I cannot stop looking at them after swatches or using them on my cheeks, they are very very pretty that I just can’t!! Just look at how much pros list that I can list one by one. I really think that this highlighter is really worth all the money. For the results and how many products that you get inside, they are worth the price.

Anyway, I hope you find this review helpful and may you find your best highlighter if you haven’t tried any yet. If you want to have blinding look just like Jeffree Star or NikkieTutorials, then try the Wet n Wild one or the Sleek highlighter ^^, both are very blinding yet affordable. If you are into a natural glow within then try Essence or this highlighter, you won’t regret both choices.  So, see you guys soon at next post, XOXO!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Memang bagus banget loh produk ini, worth to buy. Aku pernah punya tapi jatoh dan pecah ihhhh nyesek tiap inget itu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waah nyesek banget sih kalau sampe pecah :(, aku juga udah nangis darah kayaknya kalo sampe jatoh terus pecah.

      Delete
  2. It looks good on you, glowing but natural.
    tapi harganya mehong banget hiks

    www.ursula-meta.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai meta ^^,

      Iya ini hasilnya glowing tapi natural banget, jadi mau jalan2 ke pasar, minimarket atopun ke mall sampai acara wedding juga bisa-bisa aja (tapi siapa juga mau repot2 pake highlighter ke pasar wahahah).

      Memang sih harganya cukup pricey :(, tapi worth banget sih buat aku soalnya glitternya sih ga medok gitu dan mau dibuat natural ataupun blinding banget juga bisa. Mungkin nanti kalau Meta udah nabung bisa coba2 ya, aku rekomen banget sih ini apalagi buat yang mau highlighternya kayak mulus ga gritty gituu.

      Delete

Subscribe